NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Prachi

March 2, 2023 at 8:06 AM

In today’s world, huge number of people suffering from health issues is taking medications on their own without consulting a general physician. I strongly believe that this sort of practice is a negative trait as it can lead to serious complications to body.

Firstly, in my opinion taking medication without considering doctor’s opinion can lead to some hazardous effect to the health. For instance, people who are educated and do lot of research on social platforms take antibiotics by themselves for viral infections without taking consultations from physician and as a side effect get like loss of appetite, nausea and headaches. However, if they have considered an appropriate medication through a proper channel, they would have minimized these complications.

Secondly, I believe these sort of practices can be dangerous in a longer run, as medical practitioners comes with good amount of knowledge of their profession and have lot of experience in their field. They know the issues with their client’s health and prescribe medicines based on their vitals. For example, at the time of COVID people who were diabetic or having blood pressure were given different medicines by doctors so that there vitals doesn’t shoot up which can lead to organ failure or severe damage to the body.

At last I would like to conclude by saying that some knowledge is always dangerous. Even Though, with the time people are becoming smart and have all the access to knowledge through social media still they lack experience in medical field. These doctors of medicine have experience and have studied medicines for many years, so there consultation has some worth which is always beneficial in a longer run. They do their work diligently and make sure the infected person get less side effects from the prescribed medicines.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)