NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Gurleen

August 25, 2021 at 1:39 PM

Dear John,

Hope you’re doing well. I am writing to you in reply to your letter seeking my advice in regards to the assistance that you need in switching your team at work. I clearly understand the nature of the problem because I also once went through the same. I know it feels a bit too frustrating but we can always find a solution.

I also dealt with the similar problem. When I was working with M&A transactions team, we were also few in numbers and the entire responsibility of meeting the productivity targets was on me. It used to be difficult to meet the productivity while meeting the quality standards. Although I had kept the manager in loop with the issues that I was facing, I kept working hard towards achieving my deliverables. However, on a longer run this seems difficult and affects the emotional stability.

Then, on the day of the annual general meeting I raised this issue in front of all the senior management and they understood my problem. They decided to increase the size of the team considering the nature of work and hired 3 more employees for the team. I suggest you do the same and talk to your superiors. I am sure a sensible decision would be taken.

Hope my piece of advice could be of any help to you.

Best Wishes,

Andrew

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)