NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Deepak

September 11, 2021 at 5:24 PM

What kind of human being do we want our children to be, is it a nerd or a street smart person? I hope most of us want to have a child who has a wholesome personality to deal with the challenges of the future. Art and music play a very important role in the development of a child. However, some people opine that these subjects should be removed from the curriculum to make space for other contemporary subjects such as information technology. I am in total contradiction to such an opinion and in subsequent paragraphs, I shall share my statements in support of my opinion.

Art and music are included in the syllabus of the schools to inculcate creativity in the child, which is one of the most important traits. If someone does not have creativity, they will not be able to excel in their life, as we are living in a world wherein uniqueness and innovations are key to success. We all had two kinds of students in our class, one kind of students were bookish worm and others who were active in the curriculum as well as extracurriculars and if we compare these two now, we will realize that students who were active in all the areas are much more successful than other.

Further, I am not against the idea of inclusion of more relevant subjects in the syllabus such as information technology, financial management or data science, etc. but those should not be at the cost of art and music, we may sacrifice some other subjects, which have lost relevance in current times or these modern subjects may be included as optional in the schools. Even in my school, financial management was included as an optional in higher secondary school and a lot of students have opted for the same.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that a very important role is played by music and art in the overall development of the child, hence those should not be removed from the syllabus.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)