NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• PRIYA

September 15, 2021 at 4:03 PM

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you to report an ongoing noise issue arising from the regular maintenance work going on at the super market since past few weeks.

I am Susane an old resident of galaxy apartment in the welington street. There is an old super market next to my apartment which is getting refurnished and the construction work is going on from past 2 weeks.

Although we also want the supermarket to get restart again it will be beneficial for all of us around the street but the unbearable noise from drilling machines, excavator’s noise along with continuous hammering sounds keep coming from morning 8 am until evening 6pm. This noise is disturbing my whole family mentally and physically.

Me and my husband are working professional in IT companies, due to pandemic our jobs has been shifted to homes. Our two kids they also have online classes starting from morning to late afternoon. None of us can focus on our work due to a lot of distraction from outside further more my younger one has started reporting sever headache due to the noise of hammers and drilling machines.

I would suggest if the working hours of workers can be shifted to starting from early morning until afternoon or even late evening they can work. Authorities can advice them to work during weekend to carry out the drilling and hammering work, or they can use the machines which make lesser noise.

I am looking forward for a positive and prompt response from the council.

Yours faithfully

Susane

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)