NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• hari

October 2, 2021 at 4:55 PM

Write about the following topic.
    Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives.

Which viewpoint do you agree with?
    Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Some consumers opine that advertising entices them to purchase things that they don’t require while remaining convey that procuring new products is indispensable. The essay does convey how advertisements reveal about the products which improve our standard of life but do not mislead us to buy unnecessary things.

On one hand, considering our busy lifestyle it is inevitable for everyone to rely on advertising to buy things in order to live a comfortable life. As a result, we must depend on advertisement in order look for a range of products to save our time and efforts. For instance: In the past, I had had sleepless nights due to mosquitos prevalent in my vicinity. As a consequence, I couldn’t concentrate on my work and personal life. Luckily, I came across an advertisement on Amazon about a retractable mosquito net and instantly ordered it which not only saved me from mosquito bites but was also convenient to use. Had I not known about the mosquito net thanks to “Amazon’s advertisement” I wouldn’t have had sound sleep. Therefore, it is evident that advertisements would enhance our quality of life.

On the other hand, there are a plethora of advertisements which force us to buy things that are optional. Generally, we tend to fall into the trap of a barrage of advertisements and end up buying dispensable things. For example: I get disrupted when my insatiable friends frequently replace their undamaged mobile phones owing to deceitful “Big sale” advertisements even if the mobiles have been bought recently. Indeed, it is a wasting of their money and time.

In conclusion, while advertisements enhance comfort by marketing the reliable products it also has the nature to grip the consumers in buying optional things. Besides, it is our emotional decision that misguides us but not advertisements. Therefore, we need to meticulously choose the right product by taking a rational decision rather than an emotional one.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)