NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Janani

October 2, 2021 at 6:34 PM

Nowadays, ads have become merely a push to make buyers purchase unwanted things. While some argue that adverts are source of information about new products and discounts. I strongly believe that ads are motivating people to buy barrage of products without the necessity. This essay will support my opinion with relevant evidences.

Admittedly, advertisements are highly useful for companies to promote or launch their products. Therefore, these ads will only emphasis the positive aspects but not the negative sides of it, which is a disadvantage for those who procure it. For example, a very famous fabric conditioner named “comfort” went off-limits after the projection of this product by an well-established actress. Therefore, people are enticed to buy this product without any demur. Earlier days, all the wet clothes are sun dried to enhance freshness, remove odor and to kill the bacteria. Thus, by the advent of such products, people have become accustomed to trivial things and also mislead with the importance of traditional practices.

In addition to the above point, products with lure offers is also considered as one of the important rationale for buying less useful items. For instance, if a product has been showcased with attractive offers like buy one, get one free or any gift items, then obviously many viewers will prefer to buy them with the absence of contemplation. As a result, consumers will buy this product from market without the actual need for the secondary item.

Finally, I would conclude, that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do not need.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)