NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Shinu

December 23, 2021 at 1:59 PM

It is indeed a fact that many parents send their wards for higher education in foreign countries for better future. Overall personality development and better job opportunities are the main advantages, whereas children disconnect from their own culture and may indulge in illegal activities due to no supervision.

Exposure to different culture and high salary jobs are the main advantages of studying in foreign land for young people. In various reputed institutions, children come from different cultures and countries and as they interact with each other they get to know about different people which overall improves their personality. Another advantage is that many big institutions help children get placement in big companies with good salaries which will overall improve their standard of living. I also did my masters from reputed college and got a job with reputed organisation.

The main disadvantages associated with studying abroad are no connection with their own culture and children may exploit the freedom given by parents and can push them to involve in wrong activities. Often the duration of the courses are of two or three years and children do not get to visit their own country and as a result, they do not feel closer to their own culture and may adopt the traditions and festivals of the foreign country. Another disadvantage is minimal or no supervision in case of unavailability of local guardian, students may get involved in illegal cases like drugs. A very bright friend of mine was not able to handle the academic pressure in US and was succumbed to drugs due to no proper guidance and help.

In conclusion, sending kids abroad for studying brings the benefits to them like personality development and high paying jobs, must be weighed against the drawbacks, like forgetting their own culture and adopting activities which may land them into trouble.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)