NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Mansi

January 20, 2022 at 8:43 PM

With the advancement in Information technology, virtual communication through social media has gained popularity. It is frequently argued that these social media interactions are killing the original meaning of communication. As far as I am concerned, I firmly believe that face-to-face interactions are always better than that made through a digital platform. In this essay we will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of virtual interactions.

Discussing the advantages first, social media has empowered us in contacting a distant friend or relative. We can be a participate in their happiness or grief with a single click. For instance, with social networking sites like Facebook and Whatsapp we can instantly convey our messages to our friends. Old times when a single telegram used to take days to be delivered seem so difficult now. Thus, these social media handles have surely helped pupil to stay connected with friends and family living in different countries.

On the contrary, there are several unforeseen disadvantages to it. Firstly, kids these days are glued either to their mobile phones or computers. Even though they have enough time to play outdoors, they deny doing so which has affected their social development badly. Secondly, although people are well connected virtually but everyone is losing interest in face-to-face interactions. No one is concerned to know who lives in their neighbourhood and sometimes this negligence results in terrorists renting houses in our locality.

To summarize, I would like to mention that advancing with the technology and communicating with distant relatives is a blessing that came in the form of social media. However, we should not sacrifice in-person communications which is important for social development.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)