NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Omer

February 2, 2022 at 9:11 AM

It is believed that product manufacturers and the resellers are obliged to reduce the amount of packaging of goods, the responsibility also lies on the consumers to avoid purchasing items with less covering. I personally believe that the onus lies on the customers to avoid buying goods with lots of packaging.

The raise in technology has led to new industries in the consumer space and thereby increasing the number of products manufactured. These products need to be marketed and sold to the consumers as part of their business. The packaging companies plays a vital role in both developing the brand and increasing the shelf life of a product. The retailers tend to sell the goods with heavy packaging as they are not liable from the regulations either. To give an example, a curd used to be sold in earthen pot some 15 years back, now comes in plastic cans with increased shelf life & preservatives.

When it comes to the consumers, it is a fact that the demand always drives the supply chain. It has become a trend these days for buyers to go for packed items who get influenced with the advertisements in the media and also inclined towards longer expiration products. Contrary to this, many lack responsibility towards the environment and are not concerned to avoid polythene bags while they shop.

In my opinion, I feel the responsibility lies on the customers to avoid packed goods. This is very much valid for products like food and beverages which are normally packed with many preservatives. On the other hand for other products which are heavily packed, it is our moral responsibility to save guard planet earth from these non-degradable products which contaminates the environment. To sum up, it is the consumers who are in the driving seat to solve this issue of packaging.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)