NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• sharukh

March 12, 2022 at 2:03 PM

Performance of students in school is influenced by many factors. It is often observed that students who are rewarded, tend to work hard in their academics. However, punishments are necessary as they teach the difference between good and bad, contributing to inculcation of discipline in the students. I agree to the statement that students perform better when rewarded, if the students are pre-adolescents. On the other hand, I disagree to the statement, if students are adolescents.

My decision to agree or disagree has a divided approach to the statement. I agree because students who are pre-adolescents are driven by the reward. Although, the rewarding system is designed to last only a short term, it produces excellent results which cannot be obtained through punishment. rewarding is a major factor of motivation when it comes to the accomplishment of the task. the materialistic needs of the students gain more priority over other things if rewarding continues extensively. Rewarding is indeed necessary for pre-adolescent students as they are not mature enough to understand the importance of the task at hand.

My disagreement to the statement is a result of many factors that negatively influence the student’s performance. the basic purpose of education, i.e., learning is confronted with limitations when rewarding system is in use. It also contributes to the lack of motivation in unrewarding tasks. This method is not very reliable, since it cannot be used for a long term. Along with time, the expectation of the student grows, when the resources of the reward are depleted, it would result in chaos.

To summarize, I believe both reward and punishment are necessary within the requirements according to the age and understanding of the students.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)