NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Mithusha

October 29, 2021 at 9:47 PM

With the rising popularity of E-books and other modern technologies as appropriate alternatives to books, magazines, and newspapers, it’s conceivable that traditional publications will completely vanish. In my opinion, this hypothesis might be happening based on a few reasons and I will be discussing them in this essay.

Firstly, it is undeniable fact that digital technologies particularly E-books and online newspapers have revolutionized the process of finding and reading books. In the olden days, finding a certain book entailed long hours searching for it in libraries, local bookstores and enquiring about it with friends but now most of the books can be accessed at the click of a button, on top of that it can be listened or read anywhere or can be carried easily anywhere without occupying much space. In addition, E-books are more affordable which helps in managing one’s own library with their favorite books in their portable, light-weighted device.

Further and more importantly, to produce paper for publishing industries, millions of trees are logged every time which causes harm to the environment. The damage includes changes in soil, climatic changes, and habitats being destroyed. For instance, trees in rainforests are home to all the animals, birds, reptiles, worms, and insects. By cutting them down, they lose their dwelling. So, keeping all these in mind, encouraging the people to use digital books and online newspapers by environmentalists is trending now, moreover, this reduces the consequences of logging.

In a nutshell, I believe that E-books and other advanced technologies are great alternatives to the printed ones owing to the advantages mentioned above. Therefore, it is thoroughly possible they will totally take the place of conventional periodicals in the near future.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)