NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Femmy

June 1, 2021 at 1:27 PM

The world is riddled with criminals , to decrease the crime some people favour implementing longer prison sentences , while a major faction of the society believes that this problem can be ameliorated with alternative ways. This essay will examine both views, but personally , I strongly agree with the former statement .

One way of reducing crime is that government should create awareness among commoners such as by providing the platform for education and by awareness campaigns, this will help to educate the society which in turn will help to reduce the transgressions. Other way to mitigate crime rate is by creating enough employment opportunities, because people would be able to fulfil their fundamental needs if they are employed, employment opportunities provided by government will not only reduce the crime rate but also will improve the condition of economy .For example, Nation will only progress if the people are employed, both these things go hand in hand.

On the other side of the coin, some people believe prison sentence is the effective way to reduce crime, because people no longer fear before committing the crime, this is due to the fact that they would be punished severely .For an instance, Even though there are laws that exists to combat crimes , people still commit horrible felonies , which is partly owing to the fact that punishment is not that severe and partly because of psychological instability
    of the individual.

I would like to abridge my thoughts at the end by saying that crime rate can be reduced if government provides education as well as employment opportunities to the people, which will help to create awareness among people and eventually reduce the requirements of severe punishments for crime.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)