NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• siddanth

June 14, 2021 at 8:23 PM

Crime is a serious challenge across the globe and all countries are trying to deal with this pressing issue . The fear among the innocent people has forced the authority to give stronger punishment to those who committed a crime. some people believe that giving longer prison sentence to prisoners is a right solution and others insist alternative ways will be more effective and I lay my thoughts alongside the alternative ways as well.

To begin with, many people believe that offenders should be punished with long prison sentences because this methodology will create fear among the criminals and will discourage them to commit any crime in future. For example, in the UAE, the rapist and the murderer usually get lifetime prison sentences, resulting in making people think twice before committing any serious crime. Hence, imposing strict punishment deters people from committing heinous atrocities.

However, I believe that alternative ways such as providing proper education facilities and employment can solve the issues far more effectively Sufficient education and job opportunities keep the masses occupied and away from commiting criminal activities

In conclusion, longer prison terms certainly instill fear in the minds of potential criminals and discourage them from committing offences. However, eradicating the root cause of crime by providing education and employment opportunities is a far better option.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)