NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• rahul

June 17, 2021 at 10:27 AM

Arts do play a significant role in defining the culture and religion of a country. While some people argue that the government is wasting money on arts, others believe that the money could be spent on other useful tasks. In my view, I partially agree with the argument that money invested in arts could be utilized elsewhere.

Arts is appreciated by people around the world and it is pivotal for government to invest in arts to retain and promote the cultural heritage, which by the way also leaves a mark for the generations to cherish about. According to studies conducted by Oxford University, painting regularly intrigues curiosity among children which improves brain function by 50% in comparison to kids who did not indulge in painting at all. In addition to that, creating new statues or monuments could boost the tourism industry aiding the economy.

On the other hand, as an honest tax-payer of the country, I expect my hard-earned money to be exercised for the welfare of the society, for instance, capital spent on arts could be used for employment, education, and healthcare which are of pressing concerns right now. A recent survey by S.P Jain shows that people with low wages are dissatisfied and baffled with the money used in the creation of the upcoming Statue of Chatrapati Shivaji in Mumbai. Moreover, the maintenance and repairing costs are exorbitant.

To summarize, Arts does exhibit noteworthy advantages in restoring culture, uplifting tourism, and stimulate brain development in youngsters, nonetheless, it is still seen as a luxury by certain class groups in India. In my view, I would prefer that government should make investments in other significant fields but could allocate some funds for art to not lose sight of its advantages.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)