NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Nikita

July 27, 2021 at 1:12 PM

It is often argued that children should spend more time on outdoor activities than on computer games. Not only do I completely agree with this idea, but I also believe that computer games are quite detrimental to a child’s development.

Outdoor activities are beneficial to children in many ways. Human beings are meant to be a part of nature, and constantly being trapped in unnatural environments limits children’s ability to develop physically, mentally, and emotionally. For example, humans are not designed to sit in a chair for long periods of time, be it in a classroom or in an office, as it has detrimental effects on their bodies. Spending time outdoors helps to remedy this problem by allowing people to move freely by this helps in strengthen overall well-being. Furthermore, few studies have proven that children who spend more time outdoors and in nature are far less stressed and more mentally and emotionally stable than those who spend less time outdoors and more time watching television or playing computer games.

On the other hand, children can improve their interpersonal skills by joining in outdoor activities. This is to say, instead of playing videogames in front of screens, children have more chances to have face-to-face interactions with their peers when they spend time outdoors. Playing outdoors develops many skills like empathy, teamwork, social skills, and many more which helps in preparing for future workplace environment. For instance, a psychological research shows that children who were exposed to outdoor activities have developed excellent social skills. Therefore, it is important for children to spend enough time engaging with peers at outdoor activities.

To conclude, outdoor activities have resulted to be more beneficial to children than computer activities. Therefore, children should be encouraged to attend more outdoor activities with friends as it improves children’s physical fitness, but also cultivate their social skills. I highly recommend children to spend time with friends in outdoor activities rather than using computers.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)