NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Sai koushik

July 27, 2021 at 7:06 PM

It is considered by some that people that university education is key to get a good job while others believe it is better to have experience and soft skills. In this essay, I will look at both sides of the argument and give my opinion.

Firstly, some people believe that it is easy to get a job if they are university graduates with a good degree. In recent times, competition to get into universities has increased significantly. Because it provides a great opportunity to develop new skills and gain knowledge. So people having university degree qualifications are more likely to find work easily and they can earn higher salaries. It also helps them to socialize and build a professional network among the people which benefits them to find references to get the desire job.

On the other hand, a vast majority of people believe that having experience and skills such as leadership skills, time-management skills, problem-solving skills and other interpersonal skills are mostly hired by employers. This will benefits the companies by reducing training costs and time therefore, it helps the companies to gain more profits. Moreover, an experienced person has a good understanding of the work environment and able to cope with the work.

Finally, In my opinion, getting a job depends on the position you applied for. For example, teaching, medicine and engineer fields you required university education. It is impossible to get into these fields without proper educational background. In contrast, some jobs like marketing, sales, etc., required work experience and soft skills to attract clients and customers.

In conclusion, I believe getting a job needs a relevant background either in experience or education depending upon the job type. However, people should make sure to attain the skill or degree before applying for a job.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)