NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Mayukh

July 27, 2021 at 9:01 PM

There is no point to deny the truth that, it is really important to teach survival skills like cooking, giving first aid, basic self-defense etc., to teenagers, irrespective of their gender, caste, creed, religion, race and other things. Because, these are the basic things to survive in this contemporary world.

Firstly, if we look at our past generations, we can find that our ancestors may be less technologically advanced, but, they used to know the basic survival skills like cooking, giving first aid, basic self-defense etc. For example, cooking is the utmost important thing that each and every individual should learn at some point of time, because, to survive we need food and the food is prepared through any cooking process. As a result, our predecessors are used to intake hygienic food and they don’t use to get sick quite often. This is reason, that there life expectancy, in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, was on the higher side.

Secondly, I strongly agree that giving first aid and getting accustomed with the basic self-defensing techniques, goes side-by-side. For example, if we look at the most disciplined individuals of our society, i.e., the army personnel, they are imbibed with both these aforementioned skills and they are selfless. Due to which, they do not have to depend on anyone to accomplish anything, irrespective of any kind of situations.

Therefore, to conclude, I firmly believe that it is really important to teach survival skills like cooking, giving first aid, basic self-defense etc., to teenagers, irrespective of their gender, caste, creed, religion, race and other things.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)