NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Ipshita

Administrator
    July 30, 2021 at 8:27 PM

In the modern-day scenario where everything is available just a click away, we have forgotten the basic life skills that are mandatory for survival in nature. All the technology around us has just rendered us incapable of survival without their intervention. For instance, what would you do if you are trapped in a situation where electrically powered machines can’t help us. What would you do if you are stranded on an isolated island and don’t know what to do now? Well, that is far fetched idea, let me just give you a situation we all can relate to, what if you are at your hostel and you are hungry and you don’t know how to cook? Yes, of course, your first answer would be I will just order some food but what if it’s raining all online deliveries has been deterred due to heavy rainfall.

We need to learn basic life skills such as self-defence, cooking, first aid, swimming, fishing, tying different knots, lighting a fire without matchsticks or lighter, or even a task as simple as planting a tree. These skills might feel minuscule at the moment, but you never know when you might get the opportunity to use them and trust me they can be life-saving.

Even if they are called survival skills, you can take them as just fun hobbies. It is so rejuvenating seeing a seed budding and growing into a tree with large. It is an immense pleasure when people relish the food you cooked. It feels so contended when you give first aid or CPR to someone and they were able to make it to the hospital in time. In the end, I want to say that these are not survival skills but a way to intrigue into the knowledge of how mother nature works and get more acquainted with its methods by which it keeps the vast range of different species alive.

6 band score

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)