NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Ipshita

Administrator
    July 30, 2021 at 8:50 PM

In my view, I strongly support the idea to teach survival skills like cooking, giving first aid, basic self-defence to every teenager, irrespective of their gender, caste, creed, religion, race etc.

In Today’s world, every teenager should be educated on what is good and bad for them. Nowadays, there are several cases where small kids or teenagers are being smuggled to different countries or cities by human traffickers for child labour, bagging, and child sex purposes. If they are taught some basic self-defence techniques such as raising SoS, calling the police, not falling into a trap or even some basic fighting skills, this can often help them to save their lives.

Another important skill that should be learnt by teenagers is cooking, in my view, all teenagers should know the basics of cooking. If the parents are not around and the kids don’t know how to cook, they end up eating junk foods like burgers, pizza, chips, which is very harmful to their health. In my view, be it, girl or boy, they should at least know how to prepare some easy-to-prepare food like sandwiches etc. Teenagers also would soon be going to colleges which might not be at the same place where they live with their parents, so they must learn this skill and if needed when there are no family members with them, they can cook some food to survive.

Just like other survival skills, having knowledge about First Aid is very important for teenagers. Most teenagers are involved in highly intensive sports activities like Football, Running, Basketball, Cricket, Swimming etc. Most teenagers are prone to get hurt while playing these sports. It could be an emergency situation if they fail to take action on time. For example, if someone is drowning while swimming and the kid’s lungs are filled with water, immediate action such as giving first-aid or calling an ambulance should be taken to avoid a mishap. Eventually, this will improve chances for the child’s survival.

To conclude, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, and gender, a teenager should have access to and be taught all basic survival skills.

5.5 band score

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)