NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Ipshita

Administrator
    July 31, 2021 at 10:29 AM

From the very beginning of the human race, it has always been about survival. Darwinian theory of “the survival of the fittest” clearly states that only the most acquainted members of a species would survive in this world. The same applies to human beings as well.

Yes, I believe that it is crucial to teach survival skills like cooking, giving first-aid, basic self-defence to teenagers irrespective of their gender, caste, creed, religion, race, and other things. In this patriarchal society, women are viewed as the nutritionist of the family. But I do disagree with the fact the responsibility is burdened solely on a female. While a boy enjoys his teenage being pampered and spoiled, a girl is expected to learn cooking as early as possible. This archaic mindset of our society does not understand that the era has changed and somehow they are making that boy dependent on a female for something so basic like feeding himself. There is nothing to be ashamed of or belittle about cooking your meal.

First-aid is something so many people around us need every day. While suffering from a medical emergency, a little help in the form of first-aid might save someone’s life as we know an ambulance might take hours to reach the doorstep. If given training like BLS, one might save their family or friends and, it should be a compulsory part of teenagers education in high school.

Apart from first-aid, basic self-defence should also be a part of their curriculum. Indian parents are always worried about the safety of their little ones. The guardians can’t be around their children every moment, forcing them to ponder on the thought; what if children could protect themselves. My father encouraged me to choose Karate as a sport when I was 8years old. Though I was frustrated at that time as I wanted to pursue football or horse riding, he insisted on a self-defence course. But today, when I see these news channels loaded with barbaric crimes like molestation, sexual assault, statutory rape etc. I can see it was for my betterment. Moreover, these inhumane acts are not gender, caste or religion-specific but only a reflection of the psychologically handicapped part of our society.

So to conclude, with the changing time we all need to get rid of these age-old social norms to help our youngsters fight and prepare themselves for any unpredictable situation which life might throw at them so that they can bounce back like a survivor.

6.5 band score

you have a strong vocab. try to avoid grammatical mistakes. you could get 8 otherwise

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)