NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Aishwarya

August 5, 2021 at 1:41 AM

Basic life skills should be taught to teenagers without any discrimination . Although some people believe that routine tasks need to be mastered by people according to their social status in the society, I believe that the knowledge of day to day activities is essential for living irrespective of the cast or gender of the person as it allows them to become independent.

Some people prefer girls to master cooking and look after home, whereas expect boys to acquire skills like self-defense for protection of girls. Moreover ,there is a propensity to believe that women are tenuous who need to be guarded by men ,consequently women should take care of household chores . For example, my friend Meenu was not allowed to enrol into karate classes as her parents contemplated that these classes will be of no use to her in the future. Overall, society has has this preconceived notion about the skills required by men and women .

On the other hand, some people believe in the vital role of knowledge about daily activities in becoming independent. Firstly, it is essential to learn basic skills for teenagers to get by in daily life . Secondly, this not only make them independent but also makes them more confident to tackle obstacle in the future.For example ,my friend Sita is adept in cooking as well as self-defense consequently, making her confident and independent. Furthermore, with the trend of nuclear families increasing and grandparents not being able to look after children, it has become even more essential to learn about routine work substantial for living.

In conclusion, this essay discussed why some people believe that people should be skilled in basic tasks whereas others believe it is not necessary for surviving I agree that everyone should be self-reliant and the old notion of woman cooking and men procuring livelihood for them should be re-approach and criticized.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)