NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• jaidheesh

August 28, 2021 at 10:27 AM

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to complain about the road works going on near my home and how the noise is affecting our lives.

My name is Paul, a resident of the Glenwood apartment complex having a family of 3 children.

Since last month, the road works that happens especially during the night-time is causing a big nuisance for all of us. Somedays we just cannot sleep at night as the work continues till dawn. Sleep-deprived and tired we cannot do our jobs efficiently and this has come to a point where we cannot bear this any longer. The matter just gets worst during day hours with the large machinery that drills, pounds, and digs on the surface which produces large decibels of noise more than the permissible limits.

As a solution, I would suggest that the work carried out does not extend beyond 8 pm so that our community can sleep without the disturbance. Also adding to it, the usage of noise-free types of equipment must be incorporated to reduce the sound levels to the permissible range.

Hope you would take the necessary action regarding this problem.

Yours faithfully,

Paul Hinder

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)