NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Tanya

September 8, 2021 at 6:58 PM

The advent of supermarkets has attracted the population to such an extent that the small and local shops are not able to compete with them and as a result, many of them are now on the verge of closure. Will this lead to the end of local communities? Let us have a deeper look into this topic and in the end, I will provide my opinion on this.

Supermarkets, a large place where the foods and all the necessary household goods are being sold, are great for those who like shopping under one roof as it saves time and effort. On the other hand, for some people, these stores are the result of unnecessary expenses. For instance, if we are going for a grocery shopping from a supermarket, we are often tempted by other things like frozen food and therefore buy them without realising that if it is required or not.

On the contrary, the local shops are present at almost every corner of a street which provides ease of buying things at any point of time without travelling far. Also, grocery shops, for example, contain limited varieties of products and hence individuals buy the things which are needed. Not only this, there is the chance of better customer satisfaction as local communities are quite old in the society and know the need of the local people.

Undoubtedly, the past few years have shown the rapid development of these big stores but I don’t agree that this will result in the death of local communities as both types have their own benefits and drawbacks. However, I suggest that individuals should consider buying from the local communities as well because, for many people, these shops are the only source of their livelihood.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)