NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• PRIYA

September 16, 2021 at 12:25 PM

Dear Ena,

I hope you are doing good. I am writing to you in response to your letter last week where you had asked for my advice regarding some issues within your team. Being a team lead from last 2 years i have also faced similar issues in past so trust me it is nothing new when sometimes people go against you and they start disliking their supervisors.

When i was in similar situation when i have got promoted as Team lead. The work pressure in IT industry is same everywhere. I was new and wanted to prove myself which as a result led to a lot of work pressure on team hence they started to feel negative about me.

Gradually i realized it was me who was at fault, i had started spending more time with my team members and made them understand that what i am doing will help the whole team in future to grow and sustain in such competitive environment. There was an issue of alignment in our approach and thought process which i sorted out by sitting with them and spending time with them. Trust me it helped me to build that trust among the team and aligning up the team objectives.

I hope my personally tried and trusted advice will help you too to sort out the issue.

Good luck

Riyana

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)