NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Rekha

December 13, 2021 at 10:04 AM

Some argue that reading newspaper is the most proficient way to learn the latest news and current affairs while others lean towards other media such as digital news, TV, and social media to hear the news. In this essay, I will discuss both views as well as why I think learning news through other media is better which is due to its accessibility.

Newspapers represent the authentic way of presenting the latest news around the city and country. In addition, there are a lot of people involved who are experts who do research and validate the information before printing it. For example, information that’s available in social media or digital news doesn’t go through any process of authenticating the information which makes it uncertain for anyone to rely on that information. Whereas any newspaper company goes through the procedure which includes highlights, review draft, validation of the information, and language prior to printing it.

On the other hand, digital media or social media made the current news instantly available throughout the world. Furthermore, a person need not wait to hear the latest news till the next day rather it is available immediately and with the comfort of home. Since everyone accesses the internet via mobile phones and laptops which are been heavily used throughout the day makes the news available instantly through the news feed, notifications, or by various applications. Not only social media but also the newspapers are digitally available which eliminates the time restriction to read the news and carry the newspaper.

To conclude, due to the digital transformation around the world newspaper make it hard due to the less accessibility. So, I would prefer getting the news through social media due to its instantaneous availability and being available 24*7 without restrictions.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)