NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• john

February 16, 2022 at 11:08 PM

A lot of people think that outdoor activities are more useful for children’s development than playing computer games. I also strongly believe that children should be having a lot of outdoor activities rather than spending time in front of computers.

We are becoming dependent on technology since the advent of computers. Computer has been accessible to every child, no matter at home or internet café. Instead of using it wisely, children have been utilizing it mainly for gaming rather than for studying purpose. During my childhood, computers were available only in computer labs and it was strictly for studies.

Now children use computers only for gaming. Computer games may be responsible for children’s abysmal performance in school. Since children are more interested in games, they become complacent towards their health and also the ferocity of modern games can negatively impact the moral development of a child. There are a lot of real-life examples which justifies this. I remember reading a news where a child played PUBG game for more than 24 hours without any break and passed away. This child even forgot to have food, water which is so necessary for living. Computer games not only make a child lose attachment to the external world, but also creates a serious health issue.

Physical and mental development in children between the age of 1 year to 14 year is rapid compared to other age group. Children minds are malleable only for so long. Outdoor activity gives a conducive environment for maintaining good health. It helps in overall development of a child. I believe that only outdoor activities and games will benefit our physical and mental health.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)