NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Puneet

March 12, 2022 at 2:31 AM

hello @fal ma’am please check

Yes, I completely agree with the above statement.

The performance of students is directly related to the reward they get from teacher. Rewarding helps to motivate students whereas punishment demotivates them. Here in this paragraph, I am going to discuss why students perform better when they receive appreciation rather than being punished.

To begin with, motivation helps the students to increase their confidence. The best way to motivate students is to reward them for their better performance. It is always advisable for the teachers to set goals for each student and reward them when they achieve those goals. A reward can be in any form like words of appreciation, small gifts, and extra marks for the efforts, etc.

Few months ago, Cambridge Uni. Conducted a research on students and they had find that the children who get rewards from their school are performing better in studies than those who don’t get any rewards for their performance.

Secondly, there is a big myth among the various part of societies that punishment helps the student to perform better but in reality, punishment leads to demotivation among the students. Strict punishment leads to dissatisfaction in students and in some cases it leads to depression. Sometimes the physical punishment including hitting & other means of causing pain leads to anti social behaviour and aggression in children.

Taking everything into consideration, i want to conclude that reward helps the student to peform effectively and efficiently whereas punishment leads to the dissatisfaction among the students and it further leads to deterioration of performance.

250 words

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)