NIL Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

• Poonam

August 4, 2022 at 6:51 PM

It is a known fact that today’s generation pupils do better in their academics once they are appreciated and feel valued rather than being punished. I completely agree with the statement as scolding frequently to students not only makes them stubborn but also have adverse effects on their health. Besides rewarding the students leads to motivation and develop their overall personality.

Certainly punishment has detrimental effects on the mindset of young generation. Firstly, it is esssential to know children adapt to things and situation very rapidly. Therefore, penalizing the students in front of others in the form of punishment results in making them stubborn. Furthermore, it also takes a troll on their mental health as students end up being in depression as they feel insulted. For Instance, a number of evidences in newspaper shows that students commit suicides because teachers chastise them every now and then in front of their peers leading to make them feel unworthy and useless.

On the other hand, I would like to argue that rewards not only determine the performance of students but also enhances their overall personality. Recognition in the form of rewards has cumulative effects on pupils leading motivation to perform better. Moreover, scoring good in exams builds confidence and develop their personality. For example, my nephew always scores 99% at the evalutaion in school and his morale is outstanding. The only reason behind his determination is how his tutor keeps him motivated by offering the best performing student with chocalate that helps him to stay focussed and score better.

In conclusion, I would like to address that punishing students is not the only solution to fetch good results however, appreciating and keeping them motivated in the form of rewards such as trophy or certificate will have a lasting effect in the posotive way on the academics as well as on the overall personality of children.

Maam please evaluate.

We are here to help

Conversational Form (#3)