AdministratorOctober 22, 2021 at 11:29 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
You have recently missed a project deadline which resulted in your company losing an important client. Write a letter to your manager.
In your letter
– apologize for what happened
-explain why you missed the deadline
– tell him/her how you will avoid this situation in future.
MemberOctober 22, 2021 at 4:33 PM100 Network PointsActivity Points 2380
Dear Mr Singh,
I am writing this letter to apologise to you because I failed to submit the project on time due to my carelessness.
I could not complete my project on time and because of that, we lost our precious client. Our company has suffered from a big loss as this client provided us with a huge business and it happened due to my fault.
I was working on this project for last so many days. Some days before, suddenly, my laptop has crashed and I lost all my data and key information due to that, I have missed the deadline of the project.
From now onwards, I will store my all information with a backup file, for my all project to ensure that it will not happen in future. Further, I switched over to a more reliable antivirus which would provide more safety to my laptop.
I hope you understand my circumstance and I look forward to hearing from you.
AdministratorOctober 25, 2021 at 11:54 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* Please look up ‘the simple past’ vs ‘the present perfect’. It should have been ‘some days before, my laptop crashed’.
* ‘for my all project’ (for all my projects)
* ‘I lost all my data and key information due to that, I have missed the deadline of the project.’
MemberOctober 23, 2021 at 1:38 PM140 Network PointsActivity Points 2250
With profound regret, this letter is to seek an apology as a project was not delivered on agreed time, and thus, an important client ended the contact with our company
I take full responsibility of what has happened. This project is crucial for our company. I worked on this project since last two months and could not able to complete it because of the shortage of time that lead to financial loss and reduce reputation in the market as well. When I started working on this, I missed the detailed planning and at the end, it resulted in losing an important client.
I promise that would not be happen in future as I have learnt a good lesson from this incidence. I also know the importance of good project planning and I will not repeat the same in the future.
Once again, I feel very sorry from the bottom of my heart. Please accept my apology.
AdministratorOctober 25, 2021 at 11:58 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* Did you mean ‘contract’ in the place of ‘contact’ ?
* ‘I worked on this project since last two months’ (for the last two months) [look up ‘for’ vs ‘since’ to know more about the difference]
* We do not say ‘could not able to’. It should be ‘could not complete’ or ‘was not able to complete’
* ‘and reduce reputation’ would not work.
MemberOctober 24, 2021 at 6:50 PM0 Network PointsActivity Points 3160
I am writing this letter to let you know that we are losing Bank of America client because I have failed to submit the Global Stock Loans project before deadline.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. As the resource in our team are expertise in Java technologies but the client expect the project has to be done in DotNet technology. In our team we have five DotNet resource and rest of them are Java resource.
So the resource from Java started to learn DotNet. As they are new to the field, they had a lag in their works. The client asked to submit the project within seven months but, training was held for three months. In four months, due to lack of people with required skill, we cannot rush our work.
In future, we will take the resource who are expertise in the specific skill. For freshers, we will spend five months to give complete training. So that, we can avoid losing our client.
Please consider my apologize and in future i will be aware of mapping people to the projects based on their skill set.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AdministratorOctober 25, 2021 at 12:07 PM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* ‘team are expertise’ is wrong. It could have been ‘As our team’s expertise in in Java’
* We usually say ‘in the future’ and not ‘in future’.
* Please check out some sentence examples with ‘so that’. Basically, we usually use ‘so that’ in the middle of a sentence like ‘I gave him a pen so that he could write with it’. and not ‘I gave him a pen. So that, he could write with it’ (wrong)
‘Please consider my apologize’ ( ‘apologize’ is the verb. Here, it should be ‘Please accept my apology’ )
MemberNovember 2, 2021 at 11:31 AM140 Network PointsActivity Points 840
I am writing this letter to express my utmost apology for not delivering the project on given timeline. This act of mine has led the company to lose its most valuable customer, for which I am extremely upset.
The reason for not submitting the project on time was because my wife met with a major accident last week, for which I blame myself. The trauma I went through that time was immense and my brain had almost stopped working. Not only I had to take care of my wife in hospital but also my ailing mother at home and children. I was under lot of pressure and remorse.
However, I ensure that in future not to repeat this kind of behaviour that can harm company’s reputation. Hereafter, I will keep my team updated on all projects I take so that they can support me and together ensure that deadlines are not missed.
Please accept my sincere apologies.
@falak – Pls review
AdministratorNovember 2, 2021 at 11:15 PM280 Network PointsActivity Points 6970
well written. Keep writing!!
Band : 2.5/3
MemberNovember 27, 2021 at 6:43 PM60 Network PointsActivity Points 1920
I am writing this letter to apologise to you for the mistake done by me in the workplace and its consequences.
I feel deeply regretful and would like to request an apology from you for the loss of a potential client due to a lack of proper project tracking.
I firmly believe that it is not a professional ethic to miss a timeline, however; due to medical constraints, I could not organize the events in a chronological manner which lead to the occurrence of this situation.
I take responsibility for this mistake. Nevertheless, I promise that I would not reiterate this event even under critical circumstances by frequent follow up of our project deadlines. Furthermore, I have installed software that notifies our team about project deadlines in case I were to miss them in future.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by me to the organization and I hope you would understand my situation.
AdministratorDecember 1, 2021 at 7:06 PM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* The noun ‘mistake’ is used with ‘make’ or ‘commit’. So ‘a mistake that was done by me’ is stylistically incorrect although very commonly used. ‘a mistake that I made’ is much better.
* ‘a professional ethic’ ( I think ethic is not used as a countable noun like you have here )
* Are you sure you wanted to use ‘chronological’ here? It’s not entirely clear to me what is meant here.
The discussion ‘Formal Letter of Apology – GT’ is closed to new replies.