AdministratorNovember 4, 2021 at 11:22 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
You have some documents that you need to be translated into another language as soon as possible. Write a letter to a translation agency.
In your letter
– say what the documents are
– explain why you need them to be translated
– ask for the documents to be translated urgently
- This discussion was modified 6 days, 15 hours ago by Shahbaz.
MemberNovember 6, 2021 at 11:51 PM140 Network PointsActivity Points 2250
I am writing this letter to request you regarding the translation of some documents from Japanese language to English.
I am working in a company as a team manager and recently our team got a project from a Japanese company. A contract has been sent to us to implement the project. The only issue with this implementation is the language of the project. It is written in Japanese.
To understand the terms and conditions of this project, it is necessary to read all the documents carefully. I would like your agency to translate the whole document line by line. This is very confidential information and I found your agency a trustworthy option.
The further process of this new project depends on our response. So I request you to translate the documents as quickly as possible for our better understanding. So that we can proceed with the same.
I look forward to hearing from you on a positive note.
AdministratorNovember 7, 2021 at 5:52 PM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* It is not common to use ‘so that’ at the beginning of a new sentence with the meaning of ‘in order to’
* ‘ from Japanese language to English.’ I would just go with ‘from Japanese to English’ since the context makes it clear that you are referring to the language.
Score : 5/6
The ideas in the bullet points were developed very well. Great error-free sentences.
MemberNovember 8, 2021 at 5:35 PM100 Network PointsActivity Points 2380
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter regarding some translation work. I have a few documents which need to be translated from French to English.
I am working in a multinational company and I received some e-mails in French from my new client. These e-mails include standard operating procedures for the project which my team and I need to understand for further proceedings.
At present, I do not have any resources for translation work. Before moving forward, I just want to confirm the mentioned details in those e-mails. Due to this, I want to need it to be translated into English.
I request you to please translate these documents on an urgent basis as I have to reply to those e-mails by tomorrow evening and all future conversations with the client depend on it.
I am looking for hearing from you soon and hope for a prompt reply.
AdministratorNovember 10, 2021 at 10:27 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* ‘ I want to need it to be translated into English.’ ( ‘I want to need it’ is incorrect. ‘I want it translated’ would be much better. or ‘I would like them translated into…)
* I am not sure about ‘looking for hearing from you’.
‘Looking forward to hearing’ is common.
* ‘I am working’ and ‘I work’ are both grammatically correct , but they have different meanings. I suggest you look it up to get a clearer idea.
Score : 5.25/6 (The letter covers the requirements of the task. The tone is appropriate. The bullet points were developed properly and the purpose was clearly stated. There were a few sentences which could have been improved. However, generally speaking, the sentences were mostly error-free)
The discussion ‘Letter [Translation Agency ]’ is closed to new replies.