AdministratorNovember 10, 2021 at 3:03 PM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
Many people have jobs that involve working shifts (i.e. working at night).
What are some of the problems that shift workers might face?
What can be done to solve them?
MemberNovember 10, 2021 at 4:32 PM0 Network PointsActivity Points 3160
Nowadays, there is an increasing fashion of people working at night. Many people have night shift jobs which lead to some problems. This essay will discuss the main problems associated with this epidemic and propose some possible solutions, followed by a logical conclusion.
Even though people who work at night shift get more allowance, they have some health issues. For instance, they suffer from ulcer and obesity. As they work in night shifts, their metabolisms are changed. As a result, they face some physical and mental problems. They have physical problems like obese and hair fall. Also, mental problems such as hypertension and inadequate sleep. Another major problem is lack of security. Women after their night shift face some problems such as security and less transport facilities. During night, the frequency of public transports is less.
Foremost, to overcome the health issues, each company has to arrange for medical camp for the welfare of their employees and some fun activities have to be conducted to reduce their stress. In addition to that, to enhance the security of women employees, patrols have to be in rounds. Either companies have to provide cab facilities for their women employees or they should not encourage women employees to work during night. The government has to increase the frequency of public transports.
To conclude, people working in night shift have health issues and security problems. In my opinion, the best solution is to conduct medical camp once in a month to scrutinize their health, to provide security for their employees the patrols have to roam and more public transport should be available at night.
AdministratorNovember 11, 2021 at 10:58 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* ‘They have physical problems like obese’ ( like obesity)
* ‘at night’ is a more natural time marker than ‘during night’
‘ work during night.’ (work at night)
* ‘to conduct medical camp’ (a medical camp)
It seems like your sentence structure and punctuation have improved. Problems with word choice are perhaps the most limiting factor.
“fashion of people working” “Foremost, to overcome”
Some of these word choices sound a bit strange. The same idea can be expressed in a better and more natural way.
Close-reading of well-written essays and articles is an excellent way to expand your vocabulary. Read articles and essays on IELTS topics such as health, tourism, parenting etc.
Instead of reading IELTS sample essays online, I recommend reading articles on good publications. For example, look up ‘night shifts disadvantages’ and see what comes up. When you read the articles, write down words and expressions that appear very often. There would be a lot of words that you know very well. However, you probably never use them. Bringing such words into our ‘active vocabulary’ is much easier than learning completely new words.
Whenever you learn a new word, make sure you do the following things.
1. Look up and read its definition in a good dictionary.
2. Find sentence examples of that word. You can do this by googling ‘word + sentence examples’.
The best way to learn a word is to see it used in many context.
MemberNovember 10, 2021 at 5:14 PM100 Network PointsActivity Points 560
Shift workers often face issues due to working odd hours on an extended basis. These workers might have difficulties in their lifestyles which needs attention. This essay will discuss some problems that they might encounter and state possible solutions.
Adults who work night shifts usually suffer from insomnia which results in health issues. As these people stay awake at night working hard, they find it extremely difficult to sleep during the day when the whole world is on the run. This lack of sleep creates health issues because it becomes very hard for them to eat at night-time, and they are unable to feed themselves during the day. Another problem that these employees may stumble upon is losing concentration due to irregular timings at work, which is also indirectly a related to insomnia.
Some of these problems might be solved by following a proper routine when it comes to sleep and eating habits. Night shift workers must ensure they follow a strict sleeping schedule by keeping alarms if required and not being disturbed during their rest time. Simultaneously, a healthy diet should be adhered to with minimum of 3 meals either during the day or night. Lastly, for people with jobs that involve shifts, it is recommended to keep a diary or a to-do list so even if they get distracted, they can always refer to these notes.
In conclusion, people who work shifts must have a plan in place to tackle problems such as insomnia, concentration loss and health issues. A considerable amount of sleep is required and skipping meals is not an option. As a precaution, it is a good idea to keep a work journal just in case people lose focus.
AdministratorNovember 11, 2021 at 11:10 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* ‘which needs attention’ (need)
* ‘ also indirectly a related to insomnia’ ( indirectly related to insomnia)
*’suffer from insomnia, which results in health issues’ (I would use a comma after ‘insomnia’ . It can probably work without the comma. )
This essay addresses the questions directly and uses relevant points in the body paragraphs. The conclusions restates the main points very well.
Always remember that ‘expanding’ and ‘extending’ two main points is better than listing four points without explaining any of them.
MemberNovember 11, 2021 at 12:33 AM140 Network PointsActivity Points 2250
Globalization makes it easy to connect to anyone from different parts of the world. Due to this, people work in multinational companies and people work in night shifts. These workers might face some serious challenges in their life related to health and safety. This essay will explore the problems faced by night shift employees and some solutions to tackle those issues.
Due to night shifts, some people face health problems such as indigestion and insomnia. Because of the night shift, they have to stay awake all night, which results in sleep related problems for them. They are unable to sleep well in the daytime because the entire world is working and lots of disturbance is present around them. So, they are not properly concentrating on their work as well. Lack of sleep also affected their meals routine that caused digestive problems. In addition, many female staff feel insecure to work at night. They do not have many options to commute and they feel frustrated and nervous.
There are some solutions to overcome these problems. First and the foremost, the employees who work at night shift should follow a proper routine and take adequate sleep at day time to refresh themselves. Atleast three meals should be included in their diet to ensure that their digestion system work properly. For women’s safety, companies provide a cab facility to help them and more patrolling should be done by police.
To conclude, employees who are working at night time face some health related issues along with security concerns among women. A healthy diet and proper routine might be beneficial to work in odd times. Office cab and more transport service may be useful to reduce nervousness.
AdministratorNovember 11, 2021 at 11:37 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* ‘Due to this, people work in multinational companies and people work in night shifts.’
Although ‘work in night shifts’ might not be incorrect, ‘work night shifts’ (without the preposition ‘in’ ) is also correct.
* ‘people work in multinational companies and people work in night shifts’ ( I think sentence would have looked a lot better as ‘people work night shifts in multinational companies’.
* ‘face some serious challenges in their life related to health and safety ‘ A better word order would be ‘face some serious challenges related to health and safety in their life’
* ‘sleep well in the daytime’ ( I think ‘sleep well during the day’ is much better)
* ‘Lack of sleep also affected their meals routine’ (It should be ‘Lack of sleep also affects’ because we are not talking about something that only happened in the past)
* ‘take adequate sleep’ ( I don’t think ‘take sleep’ is correct)
* ‘digestion system’ (If I’m not wrong, it’s ‘digestive system’. Here, we can also say ‘to ensure healthy digestion’)
* ‘For women’s safety, companies provide a cab facility’ (since this was a recommendation. ‘For women’s safety, companies should provide cab facility’ is better)
Score : 4.5/6
MemberNovember 12, 2021 at 11:25 PM100 Network PointsActivity Points 2380
These days, most people work many shifts, especially in the night shift, due to night shifts employees face some problems. This essay will first look at the problems, and then explore solutions for them.
Many employees who work night shifts face numerous health issues because they follow an inadequate daily routine which hampers their health adversely like they often miss doing morning work out or having food on time. Additionally, these people, especially women, feel insecure in terms of safety because they usually reached their homes late at night. Due to that they always have a fear of mishappening while they returning home from their offices. For example, in India, due to the increase in crime rate, night shifts workers, especially women, feel insecure while they travel through roads.
To solve these problems, companies should be provided health checkup facilities in their office premises periodically which would help employees to track their fitness. In addition, employers should be provided proper security to their night shift workers, particularly women, so that they can reach their homes safely. To illustrate, companies should provide one security guard with women employees and give home drop facilities to them so they can reach their homes safely.
To conclude, some of the problems like health issues and insecurity are felt by employees who work night shifts. To solve this problem companies should facilitate health check-up camps on regular basis and provide security while dropping their employees in late at night.
AdministratorNovember 14, 2021 at 5:43 PM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* ‘due to night shifts employees face some problems’ Since this is a completely separate clause, it should have been its own sentence. ‘Employees face some problems due to night shifts’
* ‘workout’ is usually written as a single word.
* ‘because they usually reached their homes late at night.’ (because they reach their homes …)
* The example was basically a restatement of the same idea. A relevant example here would have been something like ‘nine out of ten women reported that they felt extremely anxious while returning home after work’
* When you say ‘companies should be provided’ and ’employers should be provided’, do you mean that the government should provide these things to the companies and employers? Otherwise, this would be an error in the use of passive voice. If you want the companies to provide them, you would only say ‘the companies should provide…’
* ‘on regular basis’ (on a regular basis)
MemberNovember 17, 2021 at 3:56 AM100 Network PointsActivity Points 1170
AdministratorNovember 17, 2021 at 11:36 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* “working in shifts”
‘working shifts’ seems to be the correct expression, without the ‘in’
* ‘suits to the timing of ‘
Usually, we use ‘suit’ without ‘to’ , ‘this shirt suits him’
* ‘discuss’ is used without ‘about’ e.g. ‘we will discuss this matter’
* ‘can have detrimental impact of their daily mood’
‘can have a detrimental impact on their daily mood’
* ‘calories intake’ ( I believe it should be ‘calorie intake’ without the plural ‘s’)
* ‘even lead them to have chronic diseases’
(even lead to them having chronic diseases)
Here are some sentence examples that use this sentence strucutre.
1. “the price hike will lead to them cancelling their account”
2. “defaulting would lead to them having to pay interest.”
3. “a lot of the people we visit have dementia and Alzheimer’s, which can lead to them becoming isolated.”
4. “If they win their appeals, it could lead to them claiming damages”
* ‘monitoring’ was misspelled
* ‘living in a peaceful environment…’
* Look up ‘when to use commas before ‘which’ ‘ and ‘relative clauses when to use commas’
* I recommend looking up ‘zero articles’. Try to find some ‘English articles exercises’ online.
Score : 4.5/6
The discussion ‘Problem-Solution Essay [Night Shifts]’ is closed to new replies.