AdministratorOctober 23, 2021 at 2:55 PM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
You have just read an article in an international travel magazine which contained some information about your town that is incorrect.
Write a letter to the editor of the magazine.
In your letter:
correct the information in the article
explain why it is important for the magazine to give correct information
suggest what the magazine should do about this situation
MemberOctober 23, 2021 at 7:39 PM140 Network PointsActivity Points 2250
I am writing this letter to you regarding the article that was published in your magazine last week containing some false information.
Last week, I read an article about my home town in your magazine. I am very thankful to you for this. It was all about the weather, especially the monsoon season. But it has some incorrect facts about the rainy season. The monsoon season starts in May but you mentioned it starts at the end of June.
Your magazine is a very popular one throughout the world ,so it is very important to present true facts and figures because most of the population of my town depend on tourism and this wrong information might decrease the number of tourists.
I have a small request, please re-publish the correct information in the next edition of your magazine with a note that the information given in the last edition was not correct.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
AdministratorOctober 25, 2021 at 10:54 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* since ‘facts’ are by definition correct, we do not say ‘incorrect facts’. ‘incorrect information’ or even just an ‘error’ would have worked here.
* missing comma
“The monsoon season starts in May, but you mentioned it starts at the end of June.”
MemberOctober 24, 2021 at 7:44 PM0 Network PointsActivity Points 3160
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am Sheeba and writing this letter to let you know that you have published a wrong information about my town in the ‘International Tour’ magazine.
I would like to appreciate you for the effort of documenting about my town in your magazine. On September 23rd, in the eighth page you have documented about my town. In that, you have mentioned that the Thiruvaluvar Statue and the Vivekanandar Rock are situated near the sea shore which is incorrect. Both are situated in the midst of the Indian Ocean. To visit those places boat facilities are available.
Many readers and travel agencies follow your magazine. Also, you have a good reputation among people. It is your responsibility to provide correct information.
In the next edition, please mention the wrong information and the correct information also highlight it. So that everyone will read correct information.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AdministratorOctober 25, 2021 at 10:59 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* “a piece of wrong information”
* ‘I am [Name] is probably not a good way to start your first line. Check out the sample letters I shared with you.
* “documenting about my town” sounds a bit wrong. ‘documenting the details about my town for travelers…’ is probably better.
* Check out some sentence examples with ‘so that’. Basically, the ‘so that’ should not have started in a second sentence. It usually works in one sentence, like this : I bought him a cake so that he would be happy.
MemberOctober 25, 2021 at 1:56 AM100 Network PointsActivity Points 1170
AdministratorOctober 25, 2021 at 11:10 AM50 Network PointsActivity Points 7810
* In the paper-based test, your handwriting needs to be ‘legible’. I am able to read your writing very well. Occasionally, your ‘u’s ‘c’s, ‘e’s and ‘a’s are a bit confusing. The last word in the first paragraph is not clear. That’s all that you really need to fix – any letters that can be confusing to the reader. Other than that, the handwriting does not have to be ‘beautiful’ or elegant.
* We don’t usually say ‘mentioned about X’, we just say ‘ ABC mentioned XYZ’
* ‘from last six months’ should have been ‘for the last six months’.
* ‘deny them for entry’ would not be correct. We usually ‘deny someone something’ not ‘for something’. So, I believe it should be ‘deny them entry’ or ‘deny them entrance’
* ‘This has also affecting’ (This has also been affecting…)
* ‘an another article ‘ is unnecessary, just ‘publish another article’ is enough.
* Please check out some letter samples. Your paragraphing can improve a bit. I shall elaborate this in class.
MemberNovember 18, 2021 at 5:48 AM120 Network PointsActivity Points 740
I am writing this letter with regards to the article, I have recently had a chance to read that was published in your Times India multi-national magazine on September 10th,2021. I have recently had a chance to read the article that explained the Tourism in the city “Tana” and detailed explanation of the preparation that’s required. I strongly oppose the content that refereed the location is not safe at any time of the day.
To begin with, I would kindly request you to update the information that was printed on the article with accurate information. As everyone in the city is well aware that Tana is one of the cities with the highest security measures and safety that are followed in the state. I am not sure where you have received the wrong information, but I argue you to update in next month’s edition.
Not only that your newspaper is the medium to gain knowledge and provide information but also it is very important to provide the facts and truth to the public about any kind of data that is being produced to the people. In addition, it would impact make a huge impact on the policies that are being implemented in the city as well as spreading out the inaccurate information that would impact the tourism, business, and opinions so it is essential for you to update the old content of the article with the update accurate information.
I will look forward to the upcoming magazine seeing the same subject with the revised version.
AdministratorNovember 18, 2021 at 11:22 PM280 Network PointsActivity Points 6970
I am writing this letter with regards (regard ) to the article
I am writing this letter with regards to the article, I have recently had a chance to read that was published in your Times India multi-national magazine on September 10th,2021 ( I am writing this letter with regard to the article , that had published in your magazine Times India magazine on ….)
In addition, it would impact make a huge impact on the policies – (proof reading is must)
as well as spreading out the inaccurate information that would impact the tourism, business, and opinions (,) so
with the update(d) accurate information.
Band : 1.5/3
The discussion ‘Letter – [Correcting Information]’ is closed to new replies.